background

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Craft Closet

I have a craft closet.  I used to work at JoAnn Fabric and Craft, and took advantage of many of their stock-up sales.  I also have a mom who crafts.  She gives me all of the things she's decided she won't get around to doing.  So, you can imagine I have well more than my fair share of fabric and craft supplies lying around.  Since starting a family, I just haven't put very much of my stock pile to use.  I've got to get it all out, and finish a project in one shot because I cannot leave anything out where the little ones can reach it. 

We recently relocated from Utah to Georgia, and had to move everything we own a couple of times.  It made me realize just how much I have, and how little I use it.  So, I have made a goal to use up some of my craft closet so the next time we move, I won't feel so guilty about the boxes and boxes of unused scrapbooking and quilting supplies.  I have done a few little things so far.  I am kind of proud of some of them, so I decided it would be kind of fun to start a new blog.  Here are some of my recent projects:


Burp cloths.  I've had this fabric since 2003.  I bought it while I was working at JoAnn's because I wanted to someday decorate my baby's room in Raggedy Ann and Andy.  Two years later, I made the crib set for our fist baby.  It was so cute!
This is one that Mom decided she didn't have time for.  It sat in my craft closet for a few months,  but then I decided to make my little girl a new dress.

The solid red on this dress are scraps from a bug quilt I made for my son.  The floral is a vintage scrap that came from one of my Grandma's hand-me-down boxes.
This is a puppet theater I made from a moving box.  The curtains, stickers, and gold paint trim all came from the good 'ol closet, but I had to go buy some black paint for the rest.  It's chalkboard paint, so the kids can write the name of the play they're doing.




This is my most recent creation.  Sad to say, I actually had to buy most of it, but I think it turned out well.  It's a Family Home Evening chart to keep track of what each of us gets to do.  The embellishments at least came from my scrapbooking box.

I have more pictures of how I made the puppet theater, burp cloths and the "FHE" chart, and I will make posts for those soon.  If anyone has some good ideas for how to use scraps of blanket fleece, those comments would be most welcome in the mean time! I have turned some in to taggsies, but I would love more ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment