background

Friday, November 11, 2011

No Sew Fleece Scarf


I've got some really cute fleece left over from other projects, and I thought they would make some good scarves.  These are so easy to make.  No sewing needed!  This one is a present from the kids to their Aunt Theresa for Christmas.

To start, you need some fleece, scissors, rotary cutter and mat, and a ruler:


And, if available, some really cool kids to help out:


Now that you have your supplies, cut 8 inches accross the width of your fabric with the rotary cutter.


Take some scissors, and cut several times about a third of an inch wide and 2 inches long to make fringe along the ends.  I put my ruler two inches up on the fabric as a guide so the kids would know where to stop.

Tip:  If you are a serious seamstress, you will have a pair of sewing scissors that never touch anything but fabric.  Do not cut fleece with these scissors because it will dull them really fast.  I learned this when I cut fabric at JoAnn.


If you really do have your kids cut it, it will look something like this:


Now, take the strands, pull firmly, and let them snap back.  This will curl the fringe.



The kids had fun with this part, even though it doesn't really look like it in this picture.


The fringe will look something like this:


And the final product!  Told you it was easy!

2 comments:

  1. This is so cute! I especially love the pictures of the kids. I am so excited to be able to hug them all soon.

    ReplyDelete