background

Monday, October 22, 2012

Corner Bookmark with Flower

Well, it's been a really long time since I posted, but that's because I've been busy building a beautiful baby girl, and I really haven't had a lot of energy for anything else.  I finally feel like a regular person again, so I thought I'd try to get back to it.  This bookmark I made for my Mom for Christmas last year, and just never got around to posting it. She is hard to find a gift for because she just doesn't want anything. She does enjoy reading, so I thought this would be a nice present. I got the inspiration from this blog, but kind of put my own spin on it.
Materials:
     Paper                            Glue
     Embellishments        Scissors or Paper Trimmer
     Ribbon
     Flower

Take your background paper and cut a square. I did 3 1/2 inches.


Then fold the top corners to the middle. Cut a triangle to cover the folded edges and attach to the bookmark with the ribbon between the layers. 


I cut the corners off of the bottom because I like the look of the square better, and added my embellishments. I love laser cutouts.


Attach the flower to the ribbon. I made my flower with a jeweled brad, so I just poked a hole through the ribbon and attached it with the brad.


Then I placed a coordinating paper circle on the back of the flower to cover the attachment.


And, finished! I will post how to make the fabric flowers soon for anyone interested.  




No comments:

Post a Comment