background

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween!!

 We've been having fun this Halloween. On Saturday we had a church party where there were contests for table decorations, pumpkin carving, chili, and costumes. So, on Friday and Saturday we were working hard on our creations while enjoying some homemade root beer. So much fun!


Here's my wonderful table decoration haunted house with working door that plays music. I made it from a shoe box. You can't tell, but Frankenstein's monster and a ghost are in these windows, and in the back are an alien and a witch.




My son working on his pumpkin.
 My daughter digging out her pumpkin and the finished works of art. They each drew or chose their pumpkin design and I helped with carving.  The skeleton in the middle won second place!! Woohoo!
My little fairy Princess got first place for costume in her age group.

Here's my toothless vampire and orange kitty cat
 
And finally, the cutest little skeleton baby ever

One of my favorite Halloween treats as a kid was the popcorn ball, and I haven't had one in years, so I decided we needed to make some. It was fun, and I love them, but the kids didn't enjoy them so much. Oh well.

Jello Popcorn Balls

16 cups popcorn (popped)
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup white corn syrup
1 3 oz package jello, any flavor

Remove any unpopped kernals from popcorn.  Combine sugar, corn syrup, and jello in a saucepan and boil 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Mix into the popcorn. Form into balls and cool on waxed paper.




We've had so much fun so far this Halloween, I can't wait for trick-or-treating tonight!  Happy Halloween everyone!

1 comment: